Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cupcakes for a good cause

We catered our first corporate event on the 15th of July. It was a special order that came from Giant Hypermarket in Kota Damansara, in conjunction with Hewlett-Packard. They were throwing a special fĂȘte for a group of 40 orphans, and thought that cupcakes were in order for the event. I was very pleased to get the phone call.

As soon as I heard that they were for children, colourful pastel colours were popping around in my head. I really don't care for garish colours on anything edible, and it's quite alarming how many brightly-coloured baked goods you see out there in the market. I figured that pastels would be just as appealing to the young ones.

Pastel coloured buttercream with colourful non-pareils sprinkled all over the top.

I love how they look all arranged like this.

~Pleasance~

No comments:

Post a Comment