Thursday, October 22, 2009

Double Happiness for old friends.

I recently found out that an old primary schoolmate of mine is getting married in December. He told me that his fiancee was thinking of giving away some pre-wedding cupcakes to her colleagues. She had in mind the Chinese character 'hei', which signifies double happiness - a character commonly associated with Chinese weddings. Prior to this, I'd not written much in Chinese before, let alone pipe in buttercream. So with much trepidation, I proceeded to practice and practice with leftover buttercream. I got it right from the get-go, much to my mom's and my surprise.

Here are half of the cupcakes which were presented that day.

Upon their request, I created slightly different designs to differentiate the three flavours of cupcakes.

I'm incredibly proud of these beauties. Mostly because I was able to make a special couple really happy, and make my mom proud of my rudimentary piping of Chinese characters.

Close-up of the three different designs: Medium pink one with three blossoms was chocolate cake. Pale pink one had marble cake, and the red one was coffee cake. All three were iced with vanilla buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment