Thursday, October 8, 2009

Maureen & Elson - Wedding Cupcake Tiers.

I recently made my first real wedding cake. Technically, it was a cake with cupcake tiers and a cutting cake at the top. It's a really new trend that's just about catching on here in Malaysia. I am most grateful to have been given the honour to make the cake for this beautiful couple.

The cupcake tiers from the side view. I made the entire stand by myself using cake boards, styrofoam dummies, pretty textured paper and loads of satin ribbon.

Slightly higher view to show the different tiers. I made these tiers closer in size because the customer wanted height but not too large a quantity of cupcakes.

View from the top. I had to stand on a chair to take this photo. Love how it looks from up there.

Close-up of the top cake, which was also the cutting cake. It is covered in ivory fondant which is starting to bubble a little because of the heat. The pink ribbon bow and all the flowers are also handmade using fondant.

The lovely newlyweds cutting their cake.

The inside of the cutting cake - it's dark chocolate espresso cake with orange creamsicle buttercream. Very yummy, if I may say so myself.

Sexy layers of cake, with just the right amount of buttercream.

Thanks, Michelle, for the wonderful opportunity to make this cake for your sister and your new brother-in-law. I hope that it was a sweet surprise for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment